Monday, November 29, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
by Michael Daly Sarah Palin's true reality: 'Free' Alaska is a welfare statethat enjoys generous federal subsidies.
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Sunday, November 07, 2010
Saturday, November 06, 2010
Thursday, November 04, 2010
Oscar Celador Publico, as summarized in THE WEEK, November 5, 2010 issue
The rise of the Tea Party in the U.S. is baffling to Europeans, said Oscar Celador. The American economy is suffering a severe crisis that, "because of the limited protection offered by the American welfare state," hits the working class hardest. Yet the phenomenon of this campaign season is a political movement, "driven by important personalities of the Republican Party," that advocates lower taxes, less government, "and the disappearance of essential services like health care, pensions, and public education." If these people take over the government, the U.S. could return to the dark ages that Europe has put behind it, in which only the wealthy have access to decent health care or university education, and elderly people beg in the streets. What's "truly peculiar" is that the deficit created by Obama is much lower than that created by Bush- and much of Obama's spending was simply to repair the collapse of the financial system caused by the "uncontrolled capitalism" of the Bush era. To understand U.S. politics, we can only look to Groucho Marx, who said, "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." Of course, he was joking. The Tea Parties are not.
- ► 2011 (392)
- Justice Stevens vs. the death penalty The recent...
- The Thanksgiving Wars? No Thanks By E.J. Dionne, J...
- DeLay convicted in money laundering trial A Texas ...
- Repeal health care? Give up your own first! act.c...
- The Hijacked Commission By PAUL KRUGMAN A process ...
- The Origin of America’s Intellectual VacuumBy Chr...
- Sarah Palin's true reality: 'Free' Alaska is a wel...
- Rand Paul’s Lack of Class by Matthew Rothschild Ra...
- The Tea Party and the Midterms By Joe Conason — Th...
- Nothing to apologize for by E.J. Dionne Jr. Pelo...
- Race and the Tea Party’s Ire by Eugene Robinson Th...
- Oscar Celador Publico, as summarized in THE WEEK, ...
- The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 1...
- ▼ November (20)
- ► 2009 (536)
- ► 2008 (918)
- ► 2007 (1095)
- ► 2006 (1774)
- ► 2005 (992)