Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Idaho Senator Larry Craig Violates Public Bathroom Protocol With Suspect Behavior

This is for the men out there. What would you do if you’re in a bathroom stall and the guy in the stall next to you moves his foot under the stall so that it’s touching yours? The only correct answer involves a WTF. For the more aggressive the pants come up, the stall door is kicked open and the beating begins.

On the other hand some men might take a game of footsies for a sign that they’re open to some homosexual fun and games. Your stall or mine?

On June 11th Idaho Republican Senator Larry Craig was involved in just this kind of situation.

The action went down in a Minneapolis-St.Paul airport bathroom being investigated for complaints of sexual activity. A few arrests had been made weeks earlier. Sgt. Dave Karsnia was there to continue surveillance.

As relayed by Roll Call a DC newspaper..

Karsnia entered the bathroom at noon that day and about 13 minutes after taking a seat in a stall, he stated he could see “an older white male with grey hair standing outside my stall.”

The man, who lingered in front of the stall for two minutes, was later identified as Craig.

“I could see Craig look through the crack in the door from his position. Craig would look down at his hands, ‘fidget’ with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again. Craig would repeat this cycle for about two minutes.”

Craig then entered the stall next to Karsnia’s and placed his roller bag against the front of the stall door.

“My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall,” Karsnia stated in his report. “From my seated position, I could observe the shoes and ankles of Craig seated to the left of me.”

“Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moved his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly.
While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use.”

“The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area.”

“Craig then proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times..”

and Karsnia noted in his report “I could ... see Craig had a gold ring on his ring finger as his hand was on my side of the stall divider.”

Karsnia then held his police identification down by the floor so that Craig could see it.

“With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, ‘No!’ I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet. ... Craig said he would not go.

I told Craig that he was under arrest, he had to go, and that I didn’t want to make a scene. Craig then left the restroom.”


He was detained for 45 minutes, during questioning he reportedly offered his business card as identification and asked the officer, “What do you think about that?”

Suggesting..He’s that guy. Let’s just make this go away.

To make it go away on August 8th Larry Craig pled guilty to lewd conduct charges.

The story wasn’t widely known until yesterday. Now that it’s out there Larry Craig says he never should have pled guilty, that he made a mistake not consulting a lawyer. His explanation for the footsie action was that he has a wide stance when sitting on the bowl.

It should be noted that Larry Craig is married and has taken anti-gay positions in Congress.

What kind of person pleads guilty to making homosexual advances? Like even the implication of it?

The kind that thinks a quickly paid fine would bury the story.

I can’t get over the footsies.

It’s so.. um, gay.

No comments:

Blog Archive