Wednesday, September 28, 2005

DeLay of Game

Dear President Bush-

Just a quick note to check in and let you know that I'm thinking about you today. All of your pals seem to be taking hits lately. Rove, Frist, Brownie and now Tom DeLay?

Well like they say on the Gulf Coast... when it rains it pours. With today's indictment of DeLay, the consumer confidence in the GOP brand would seem to be in full on free fall. I know you are also getting a lot of heat due to the war in Iraq and the Hurricane Katrina fiasco. And it just sucks on both counts. I mean, one was the vengeful act of an inscrutable higher power ... and the other was a hurricane. I'm sure you are as befuddled by the vociferousness of your detractors as you are by the words "vociferous" and "detractors". But I guess when you've got complete control of every branch of the government, you're going to have people who want to take you down. I would say it's almost Shakespearian, but I know that would really throw you. So buck up, little cowboy. I realize some of your big ideas like the privatization of Social Security are probably feeling less likely these days, but don't let it get you down. Remember, even your daddy didn’t get a second term. And they can’t take that away from you, right? Okay, they kinda did to Nixon, but try not to focus on that. Just work on appointing a couple of good Supreme Court justices and then take it easy. Hey, maybe you could take a little vacation.

Yours very truly,

-Dan Pasternack


No comments:

Blog Archive